10 Things That Make Me Smile
- My family is healing wonderfully! My sister’s new nickname is speed bump and my brother just kicked cancer’s a$$. It was a rough couple of months but they came out better than ever.
- I just gave Skyd a much needed bath and haircut. I’m happy that is crossed of my to-do list.
- Tickets for my trip to Portland & Vancouver are purchased. I cannot wait to see those beautiful twins and give ’em some Wisconsin love.
- My recent fascination with Citizen Cope. I check his site religiously to see if he’ll be in my radius.
- Trader Joe’s. I’m obsessed right now. And not because there is an incredibly cute boy who works there. I got my hands on some cookie butter.
- Iced Tea. I am attempting to give up soda. Not permanently, but drastically reducing my intake. I’ve had one soda in a week. If iced tea didn’t exist I wouldn’t make it.
- My niece’s friends. Last week I found out she’s got some great ones. Just seeing her laughing and joking with them left me utterly speechless. It’s a moment I’ll treasure forever.
- Pinterest. Thanks to it, I’m now completely obsessed with mason jars and pallets.
- I’m testing my green thumb this summer with an assortment of herbs. Mint for mojitos, basil for my bruschetta and cilantro for… everything.
- The 6th Annual Brewer Bash & my first Brewer game of the year in less than a week.
And now for the salad that made my day. My version of a wedge salad.
Yes, I left out the iceberg lettuce. And yes, those are pickled beets. And sadly, in my excitement, I forgot to include the bacon. (Don’t forget the bacon.)
- Spring salad mix
- Precooked, chilled asparagus spears
- Pickled Beets
- Tomatoes (Those look brown because they are! Kumatos)
- Sliced Red Onion
- Blue Cheese
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Spiced Pecans
Since this is a salad, I’m assuming you can put them all in a bowl and top accordingly. Let me know what you think because I’m obsessed with this flavor combination.