Long time, no see.
I’m going to be real honest.
The reason for my lack of blogging is 100% pinterest’s fault.
Not only does is suck you in for an incredulous amount of time, but really… between the decadent salted, peanut butter & chocolate cakes, the incessant work out quotes and the pretty pretty perfect parties… where the heck does a girl find the time to do… anything?
Don’t ask me. I’m the one that hasn’t blogged in 7 months.
With that confession, hanging out there in the open, I feel as though I owe you something extra special. And I’m confident if you put these ingredients together, I’ve more than made up for the lost time.
Goat Cheese, Pork, Roasted Pineapple & Habanero Salsa Sandwich
(Makes two sandwiches)
4 slices bread, lightly toasted (I like Madison Sourdough Bread Company)
4 tbsp goat cheese
2 green onions, chopped
4 slices raw pork loin, sliced into ½ inch slices
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
4 tbsp Roasted Pineapple & Habanero Dip (Thanks, Coleen Gerkhardt!)
salt & pepper
- Heat the olive oil & toasted sesame oil, together, in a shallow pan on medium heat.
- Lightly season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Pan sear the pork until cooked through, approximately 10 minutes, turning after about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool a bit.
- Spread the goat cheese on the toasted bread, sprinkle with the green onion and top with the roasted pineapple & habanero dip.
- Add the pork and try not to eat too fast.